When we listen to the word “health”, we think its meaning in medical terms but it’s not like a doctor practising in a clinical. Public health is the health of a mass of people as a whole which promotes the health of people through health organizations.
Public health focuses on the well-being of the community and the people who live, work, and play there. People in the field of public health organizations educate people through workshops and health camps.
They spread awareness among the people regarding the diseases caused by alcohol and tobacco. It works towards the well-being of people, track diseases and prevents it from spreading. Public effect organization has a positive and long-lasting effect on people.
Why public health is important?
All who work in the public health department share a common goal that is to inform and educate people about the spreading of diseases and their symptoms. Public health organizations affect people in every part of the world. Let us see some of the reasons, why is public health important?
1. Increase life expectancies: Public health organizations educate people about different diseases and increase their life expectancy. A public health organization becomes the voice of the person who is not educated enough to know about the treatment and other stuff.
2. Worldwide reductions in an infant and child mortality: Child mortality refers to the death of children who are under the age of 14. The main cause of child mortality and reductions in an infant is caused by pre-birth complications, respiratory problems, and diarrhoea. Public health organization schedule camps to educate mothers about pre-birth complications.
3. Reduction of communicable diseases: Public health organizations educate people regarding the symptoms of communicable diseases and eradicate it in a period of time.
4. Fights off the biggest killer of humans: Public health plays an essential role in fighting the battles against diseases like cancer and heart and brain problems. It maintains the well-being of the people of a particular community. It is important because it helps in aiding and prolonging the lifespan of a person.
5. Preventive nature: A public health organization has a preventive nature; it spreads awareness of the spreading diseases to prevent those diseases in the world. People can get aware and spend more of their life being healthy.
Public health organizations take the account of health problems of the whole world and focuses on the health of a population rather than focusing on an individual’s health. It can be a great satisfaction for you also because you are working to save someone’s life. Public health is the responsibility of a government’s organization which works towards the well-being of a community.
Health is a human right and as a public health professional, make sure that nobody gets unaware of the facilities of a public health organization. It is one of the custom essays by UniTutor, throwing light on the topic of public health and why it is important. All the people get the same treatment, whether rich or poor, upper class or lower class. The Public organization promotes awareness through various campaigns.